You must be logged into your UVA email account to access online forms.
Room and Parking Reservations
To Reserve Rooms for Meetings, Social Events, and Parking Passes: email requests to Cindy Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org). For parking, include the license plate state and number.
To Reserve Rooms for Degree Assessment Events (4th Year Seminars & Dissertation Defenses): Click here to access the the room reservation request form, https://forms.office.com/r/g5hKE198Nb .
I will do my best to find your ideal room, but it is not always possible to find larger rooms for 20+ people during the school day near Chemistry. Consequently, if you are looking for a 20+ person room, you may find it helpful to search the 25Live Portal, https://25live.virginia.edu/, to see the rooms across campus available at your ideal time before submitting your request so you see what your options are.
Safety Manual and Forms for Lab Start-up, Accidents, and Emergencies
Forms for Graduating Students
- Fall 2023 Graduation Tasks and Timelines
- Departure Form (for MS and PhD students)
- Safety Release Form (for MS and PhD students; the form must be printed and signed by the student and their advisor in order for the student to graduate)
- PhD Exit Survey (for PhD students)
- Master's Degree Request Form (click here for information about and link to form, https://graduate.as.virginia.edu/thesis-submission-and-graduation)
- Final Examination Form (click here for information about and link to form, https://graduate.as.virginia.edu/thesis-submission-and-graduation)
- Doctoral / Thesis Completion Status Form (required to register for affiliated status; click here for information about and link to form, https://graduate.as.virginia.edu/registration-procedures
Academic & Research Awards
Please complete the form so that we can acknowledge your acheivements and----for awards that come with funding--so the Business Office has the information to account for and manage those funds. Link to form: https://forms.office.com/r/japuQRiD2g.
Request for Conference Funds
The Chemistry Department offers funds to provide students with travel support for one conference each academic year. Recent awards have ranged from $200 - $400, with amounts increasing based on the student's year in the program. Funds are typically approved for students who are presenting posters or papers or serving as a chair, discussant, or member of a professional committee meeting at the conference. However, the committee will consider requests for conferences with a clear professional development impact for the student, even in the absence of a student presentation, which include, but are not limited to, conferences held by organizations supporting students from underrepresented minorities, such is NOBBChe or SACNAS. Students granted travel funds must follow standard UVA policies and procedures to apply for reimbursement after their conferences and should begin by emailing their reimbursement request, with PDFs of their receipts, to our reimbursement specialist, Victoria Beamer, email@example.com .
Travel requests are submitted and considered on a quarterly basis. The dates below indicate when the form will open and close for each quarter—during which time a link to the request form will be posted here:
- AUG 1-15: conferences held OCT-DEC; LINK TO FORM, https://forms.office.com/r/u3bLhxK7zL
- NOV 1-15: conferences held JAN-MAR
- FEB 1-15: conferences held APR-JUNE
- MAY 1-15: conferences held JULY-SEPT