General Information

Forms & Manuals


University Housing

Housing for students is available at Copeley Hill and University Gardens. Copeley Hill has one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments, and both furnished and unfurnished apartments are available. University Gardens provides unfurnished one- and two-bedroom apartments.

For single graduate students it is likely more convenient to live off-campus (UVA Graduate Housing for more information).

Off-campus Housing

The chemistry graduate student stipend allows one to live in a variety of situations depending on personal comfort and spending preferences. Single living is affordable and desirable for some, but several of our graduate students also choose to live with roommates. Typical housing types include large apartment complexes along with privately owned houses and townhomes.  Some graduate students have even purchased homes in the area. The Graduate Student Council has prepared a housing guide to help you find a place to live and to easily get started in the community.